Friday, November 13, 2015

Lo-lee-ta


WTF!! YOU DISGUSTING SON OF A BITCH! WHY THE FUCK DO PEOPLE LIKE THIS SHIT? ARE PEOPLE CONDONING PEDOPHILIA? WTFFFF!!

That was my reaction when i watched Lolita, oh my god this story is so twisted!!

Lolita is a story of a man named Humbert Humbert who has a fascination with young girls, the beginning of the story talks about his relationship with a girl named Annabel, one of the things a really loved is that he used a reference to the poem Annabel lee by Edgar Allan Poe (one of my favorite author.) 
despite the fact that the scenes were unbearable and deplorable, it will screw up your brain! because you can't help but to sympathize with Humbert! 
i was so curious to know WHY DOES EVERYONE like this book!
so i decided to read few passages of the book and oh my god they blew my mind!!
Vladimir Nabokov is so freaking intelligent, the passages are so freaking beautiful and at the same time, they will make you cringe. you know it is a good story when it mixes up your emotions. 
the main reason why i like this story is because I FELT CONFLICTED THE ENTIRE MOVIE.

MY FAVORITE QUOTES:

“You know, what's so dreadful about dying is that you are completely on your own.” 
 Vladimir NabokovLolita


“There are gentle souls who would pronounce Lolita meaningless because it does not teach them anything. I am neither a reader nor a writer of didactic fiction...For me a work of fiction exists only insofar as it affords me what I shall bluntly call aesthetic bliss, that is a sense of being somehow, somewhere, connected with other states of being where art (curiosity, tenderness, kindness, ecstasy) is the norm.” 
― Vladimir NabokovLolita


“I need you, the reader, to imagine us, for we don't really exist if you don't.” 
― Vladimir NabokovLolita


“You see, she had absolutely nowhere else to go.” (Fuck!)
― Vladimir NabokovLolita


“I hope you will love your baby. I hope it will be a boy. That husband of yours, I hope, will always treat you well, because otherwise my specter shall come out of him, like black smoke, like a demented giant, and pull him apart nerve by nerve. ...I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Lolita.” 
― Vladimir NabokovLolita


and of curse...

“Lolita, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth. Lo. Lee. Ta. She was Lo, plain Lo, in the morning, standing four feet ten in one sock. She was Lola in slacks. She was Dolly at school. She was Dolores on the dotted line. But in my arms she was always Lolita. Did she have a precursor? She did, indeed she did. In point of fact, there might have been no Lolita at all had I not loved, one summer, an initial girl-child. In a princedom by the sea. Oh when? About as many years before Lolita was born as my age was that summer. You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, exhibit number one is what the seraphs, the misinformed, simple, noble-winged seraphs, envied. Look at this tangle of thorns.” ― Vladimir NabokovLolita 


No comments:

Post a Comment